Monday, January 14, 2013

The Doily Duck's Top 3 Fashion Favorites: 2013 Golden Globes

Award season is officially under way! And it's that time of the year where I love to see celebrities dressed their best on the Red Carpet! For this year's Golden Globe Awards, I was honestly not too WOW'd by most of the ladies' fashion picks. Of course, I did have my favorites of the night for both the ladies and gentlemen. 

Below are my top three fashion favorites of the 2013 Golden Globes. Ladies, first, of course!

LADIES - Top 3

1. Anne Hathaway
Anne, my lady crush, looked simply stunning in her white Chanel gown. Encrusted in glittering crystals, I loved this two piece ensemble with structured corset top and long skirt. Also, I'm still enamored with her pixie cut hair style and applaud her choice of minimal jewelry. (Photos: Getty Images/NBC Universal)

2. Michelle Dockery
 Michelle Dockery of 'Downtown Abbey' wore a gorgeous gold and white couture gown by French designer Alexander Vauthier. What made me totally fall in love with this dress was it's gold intricate, semi-sheer golden bodice with high collar and bold shoulders. It was just the right amount of romantic, Baroque-style detailing on top of a simple white crepe gown. (Photos: Getty Images)


 3. Rosario Dawson
Rosario Dawson wore a simple pale blue peplum dress by Antonio Berardi. First, I thought the color of the dress looked beautiful against Rosario's warm skin tone. And second, I thought this gown was delightfully fresh and modern. Also, Rosario's jewelry by Lorraine Schwartz was gorgeous...I love that ring! (Photos: Getty Images/Pichaus)



GENTLEMEN - Top 3 

1. Robert Downey Jr.
 Robert Downey Jr. just gets more handsome every year. He looked smashing in his Armani suit and I loved the texture, the color, and especially the bowtie! (Photo: Getty Images)

2. Leonardo DiCaprio

Leo looked very sleek in his classic Tom Ford tux. (Photo: Getty Images)

3. Robert Pattinson 
Rob Pattinson kept it classic and looked dapper in his signature black Gucci suit. (Photo: Getty Images) 



I hope you enjoyed my 2013 Golden Globes Fashion Favorites! I am so looking forward to the upcoming S.A.G. Awards at the end of January and especially the 85th Academy Awards Ceremony in February. I can't wait to see who I will give the soon-to-be coveted 1st Annual 'Golden Doily Duck' Fashion Award for Best Dressed Duck & Drake exclusively for the Academy Awards Red Carpet runway!!!

So, who were your fashion favorites at this year's Golden Globes? Love to hear them!


8 comments:

  1. I agree that there wasn't a stand out gown this year. I did like Kate Hudson's daring black dress and I liked Jennifer Garner's and Jennifer Lawrence's red dresses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked Jennifer Lawrence's red dress too...it was definitely up there on my list!

      Delete
  2. I thought Tina Fey looked amazing. She's not normally so glam, but I'm glad she really pulled it out this year. Plus, I want to know how they did her hair in those waves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Tina looked smashingly glam! I liked her look too!

      Delete
  3. I love Anne Hathaway's creation- simply and beautiful!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see what she'll wear for the Oscars!

      Delete
  4. i love your top three jess (but michelle d. would be my first!) What about helena bonham-carter? She always amuse me with her over-the-top get-up! But not this year. Also, i was disappointed to not see cate blanchet & tilda swinton this year because whatever they wear they never disappoint me. We could go on and on about this jess so let's get together soon and i want to hear you tittle-tattle! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Cate and Tilda are always a pleasure to see! Let's try sometime next week! I'm a bit under the weather right now :( XOXO

      Delete