Monday, January 13, 2014

The Doily Duck's Top 3 Fashion Favorites: 2014 Golden Globes

It's that time of the year again when celebrities walk their way down the Red Carpet wearing their finest in fashion. For the first big awards show of the year, I was definitely more impressed by the ladies of this year's Golden Globes red carpet than I was of last year's Golden Globes.  Moreover, I had a very hard time trying to decide my #3 fashion favorite for the ladies that I decided to make it a tie.

So, let me waste no more time, here are my fashion favorites of the night for both ladies and gentlemen for the 2014 Golden Globes.



LADIES - Top 3

1. Lupita Nyong'o
 Lupita Nyong'o, nominated for her superb role in '12 Years a Slave', was my absolute favorite of the night. She looked ravishingly stunning in her Ralph Lauren red column off-shoulder gown with a 1960s-inspired cape. Dramatic yet simple, she epitomized such true elegance and beauty.


2. Drew Barrymore
Pregnant and just absolutely radiant, Drew Barrymore shone in her soft, flowing gown with delicate pink, red, and orange floral appliques by Monica Lhullier. I also loved her hint of red lip color and red high heels!

 3. Emma Watson
Emma Watson's Golden Globe outfit was absolutely daring! She wore a striking red Dior Couture chiffon backless gown over black cropped skinny pants. Yes, pants! Emma rocked this look and I thought it felt so avant-garde. In addition, she perfected her look with pink lipstick and purple Roger Vivier heels.

3. Julianna Margulies
Julianna Marguiles stunned in a gown by Andrew Gn Resort 2014. The black and gold brocade gown with coral detailing was "va va gorgeous" complete with a sexy plunging neckline and black and gold chandelier earrings.


GENTLEMEN - Top 3

1.  Chris Pine
 
Chris Pine in a black Ermenegildo Zegna tuxedo - he wore it well!


 2. Usher
Usher looked smashing in oxblood wool, two-button tuxedo with black dress shirt and black bow tie from the 2013 Fall Calvin Klein Collection.


3. Bryan Cranston
'Breaking Bad' star Bryan Cranston looked great in his Burberry tuxedo! His best accessory wasn't the two Golden Globes he won that night, but his on-trend tie bar! I love tie clips!


I hope you enjoyed my favorite fashion picks for this year's Golden Globes. I am looking forward to next weekend's Screen Actor's Guild Awards and of course the 86th Annual Academy Awards in early March. 

Who was your favorite look of the night? 


(Photo Credit: Reuters; Getty Images)

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your commentary and I totally agree with your picks! ;)

    Feel free to visit my blog as well! You will find topics such as health, beauty, NYC fashion, personal growth and motivation between others! <3

    Diana
    www.ManhattanImageandStyle.com
    New Outfit Post: A Cozy Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Am in love of Drew Barrymore dress. She looks like a princess.
    http://buywholesaletees.com/Bella

    ReplyDelete